How to Fight PCOS Naturally:
- Cut out junk food, processed food, and added sugars. This is a toughie, but essential in managing PCOS. Why? Carbohydrates and sugar affect your hormone levels and cause them to become imbalanced. Imbalanced hormones = no ovulation. No ovulation = No babies. Kabish? Here is more information on PCOS diet tips.
- Avoid dairy. Say no to the mac and cheese. Put down the Ben and Jerry’s. Skip out on the Lasagna and eat your cereal with Almond Milk. Why? Studies have shown dairy affects PCOS. For instance, Cows are given genetically engineered growth hormones to increase milk production. These hormones are affecting YOUR hormones. For more information, please read the article, “Don’t Be a Dairy Queen” by PCOS Diva.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Why? Women who have been diagnosed with PCOS need to keep their blood sugar steady and avoid lows that come from skipping meals or waiting hours between them. It is important to eat healthy snacks in between breakfast, lunch and dinner and not become what I call “hangry”. Hungry + angry + Hangry. Getting grumpy from hunger is caused by low blood sugar and this will hurt your efforts in controlling PCOS.
- Add more regular exercise in order to increase your metabolism.
- Get more Vitamin D. Studies have shown women who are diagnosed with PCOS are low in Vitamin D. Here is more information on Vitamin D and PCOS.
- Eat a wide range of fruits, vegetables, and low-fat protein such as chicken, fish, and beans.
- Balance your blood sugar by limiting carbohydrate intake. It’s not wise to cut out all carbs, as that can lower serotonin levels and leave you feeling depressed.
- Lose weight. Studies show that losing just 10 percent of your body weight can result in normal ovulation in women with PCOS.
- Practice stress management. Stress stimulates the production of more hormones, including testosterone, which can make PCOS worse. (Relax in a bubble bath with lavender oil, take walks in the early morning or later in the evening to clear your mind, add vitamin B6 as it aids in the production of serotonin which helps prevent mood swings and anxiety, eliminate sugar and caffeine as it can raise the heart rate thus causing anxiety feelings, meditate, pray, and/or write in a journal)
I would love to connect with you on a personal level, so if you liked this post, pass it on. Then find Waiting for Baby Bird on the public Facebook page or join me on Instagram @waitingforbabybird. I can’t wait to “meet” you!If you are looking for a faith-based infertility community of other women who just “get it”, then head over to the *PRIVATE* Waiting for Baby Bird Support group for hope + encouragement. There you will find opportunities to ask for prayer, watch *LIVE* encouragement videos from me, author of “Waiting for Baby Bird”, as well as be able to share your heart with others on the same path, enter into exclusive giveaways, and so much more! So what are you waiting for? Find us here!
2 thoughts on “How to Fight PCOS Naturally”
I thought that you’d really appreciate reading this post: http://naturalmommyhood.com/2014/07/11/reversing-infertility/
Thanks so much for sharing this. I loved it!