Has fear, worry, and anxiety gripped your heart? If so, write these scriptures and hang them in your home, tape them to your mirrors, and declare them over yourself and the situation today.
- “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” Psalm 40:2
- “They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.” Psalm 112:7
- “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)
Stop worrying about what can go wrong, and start getting excited about what can go right.
- “So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
- “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 (NLT)
To worry is to misuse your imagination. A gift from God to help us live in hope and expectation for good to come.
- “What, then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31 (NIV)
- My worrying and being anxious will not add one unit of measure to my stature or to the span of my life. Matthew 6:27
- “I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4
To worry is to worship the problem.
- I will not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34
- “Look at the birds of the air they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?” Matt. 6:26
Note to self: It’s going to be okay.
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7
- “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very thing, why do you worry about the rest?” Luke 12:25-26
Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere. Erma Bombeck
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.” John 14:1 (NIV)
- “I am not anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I present my requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guards my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
Definition of worry: Putting your faith in what the devil is saying; and to worship the problem.
- “When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.” Psalm 94:19 (NLT)
- “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life, I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” Psalm 91:14-16 (NIV)
There isn’t enough room in your heart for both worry and faith. You must decide which one will live there. But choose wisely. One will set you free and the other will keep you in bondage.
- “I will not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34 (AMP)
- “I will not let the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.” Mark 4:19 (NIV)
Have you ever heard of someone who gets so sick and loses sleep over their finances, but then magically finds extra money in their bank account the next day? Me either. Worrying will not change the outcome. It will just zap you of hope and peace today.
- “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you.” Isaiah 43:2
- In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Psalm 86:7 (NKJV)
I would love to connect with you, so if you liked this post, pass it on. Then come find Waiting for Baby Bird on the public Facebook page or join me on Instagram @waitingforbabybird. I can’t wait to “meet” you!
If you are looking for a faith-based infertility community of other women who “get it,” then head over to the Waiting for Baby Bird Support group for hope + encouragement. There you will find opportunities to ask for prayer, watch *LIVE* encouragement videos from me, author of “Waiting for Baby Bird,” as well as be able to share your heart with others on the same path, enter into exclusive giveaways, and so much more! So what are you waiting for? Find us here!