Scripture tells us that if you want to know what God is like, look to Jesus. Did you know that when Jesus walked the earth, more than two-thirds of His ministry involved healing the sick? This implies that God wants you healed, restored, and made whole. Jesus never gave sickness to anybody. Never once did Jesus look at someone and say, “You are too healthy. Receive leprosy to learn to be humble!” Instead, Jesus was full of compassion and was always willing and able to heal all those who came to Him. He is the Lord who heals you–today and always.
- “Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly leprosy disappeared.” ~Matthew 8:2-3 (NLT)
This leper didn’t have a problem believing that Jesus had the ability and power to heal him. He just wasn’t sure if Jesus was willing to do it for him. But look at Jesus’ response to the leper and see God’s heart for you where healing is concerned. Jesus answered by touching him and saying, “I am willing. Be healed.” Jesus is willing, and today God wants you to know that He is both able and willing to touch you where you hurt and lack. Begin to realize and believe this today.
- “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every sickness and disease.” ~Matthew 9:35
- “When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.” ~Matthew 14:14
- “Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute, and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.” ~Matthew 15:30
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8). That means the same healing power that touched lives 2,000 years ago is available to you and your loved ones today.
- But now I will heal and mend them. I will make them whole and bless them with an abundance of peace and security.” ~ Jeremiah 33:6
- “…and the people all tried to touch him because power was coming from him and healing them all.” ~ Luke 6:19
- “O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.” ~ Psalm 30:2
God loves to give His children good gifts because it brings joy to His heart. When you place a burden on Him, such as looking to Him for healing, you let Him be God. When you draw from His fullness, His abundance of life, health, and blessings, then you delight in Him. Sweet friend, God wants you to come expectantly to Him for your healing. He is ready to pour His abundance out for you. Begin to see His heart of love that He always wants to give to you.
- “‘I will restore your health, and I will heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord.” ~ Jeremiah 30:17
- “Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.” ~ Psalm 103:2-3
If God did not withhold heaven’s best (Jesus) from you, then He will not withhold healing from you. Doing so would make healing more important than His Son.
- “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” ~ Psalm 147:3
- “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death.” ~ Psalm 107:19-20
Jesus came down from His throne in heaven to deliver you from sickness, poverty, death, infertility, disease, and cancer so that you may live a life of freedom that includes health and blessings.
- “He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you ARE healed.” ~ 1 Peter 2:24
Jesus was judged, burnt, smitten, and crushed. The price for your health and wholeness has been paid.
- “…He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases.” ~ Matthew 8:17
- “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him and by his wounds we ARE healed.” ~Isaiah 53:5
Isaiah 53 is proof of the Lord’s love and His desire for you to be whole. Jesus was violently scourged beyond human recognition by the Roman torture equipment. His flesh was shredded to the point. His bones were exposed, starkly white amidst the blood and torn muscles. He bore the stripes so that we don’t have to. His body was broken so that ours can be whole. And by His stripes, we have been healed.
- “Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.” ~ Isaiah 58:8
- “Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.” ~ Exodus 23:25-26
I would love to connect with you, so if you liked this post, pass it on. Then find Waiting for Baby Bird on the public Facebook page or join me on Instagram @waitingforbabybird. I can’t wait to “meet” you!
If you are looking for a faith-based infertility community of other women who “get it,” then head over to the *PRIVATE* Waiting for Baby Bird Support group for hope + encouragement. There you will find opportunities to ask for prayer, watch *LIVE* encouragement videos from me, author of “Waiting for Baby Bird,” as well as be able to share your heart with others on the same path, enter into exclusive giveaways, and so much more! So what are you waiting for? Find us here!