Mosquitoes are pesky and bothersome. They know how to ruin a good party by landing on your food or in your drink during a summer backyard BBQ. They make a conversation difficult as you spend most of your time focused on swatting, dodging, or spraying away the small annoyances. Not to mention, if you are the unlucky one that it scopes out and lands on, you can expect to see a tiny red bump that will leave you scratching for days, or worse, a longer lasting disease from their nasty bacteria.
Doubts are much like mosquitoes. If you let them swarm around, they will pester you. If you let them land, they will eventually bite, leaving you wounded. They will invade your thoughts, words, and actions leaving lasting effects that can cause anger, bitterness, fear, anxiety, and hopelessness. Between the two, I would rather fight off a mosquito.
No matter how strong we are in our faith, I have learned no one is immune to doubt because we all have it from time to time, just as we all face those troublesome mosquitoes. Even some of the greatest men and women of the Bible had to deal with doubtful moments.
Abraham doubted when God told him that despite being old and his wife barren, he would be a father of many descendants. Sarah laughed when she was told she would be a mother at the age of 90 (I would have fainted). Thomas doubted when Jesus had risen from the dead. Zechariah was a priest, a Godly man, and he voiced his doubts about becoming a father after he and his wife were unable to conceive. Even the amazing John the Baptist, while in prison, doubted if Jesus was the Messiah.
Doubt happens even to the best of us, but it is what you do with the doubtful thoughts that matter. You can either let them swarm and land, therefore causing destruction and stealing your joy, peace, hope and even faith. Or you can get out your fly swatter, bug spray and Citra candle in order to fight them off so that you can receive all the wonderful blessings God has for you. What are you going to do?
Below I have listed several bug repellents that I often use to fight off those pesky
mosquitoes doubts before they land causing far more destruction than I have time for. Cause ain’t nobody got time for bitterness, despair, and hopelessness while on this journey towards hopefully (and happily) changing poopy diapers, waking up at all hours of the night and having your favorite shirt ruined with spit up.
Doubts about becoming a mother:
- “He settles the barren woman as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord.” ~Psalm 113:9
- “I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers and I will keep my covenant with you.” ~Leviticus 26:9
- “The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity in the fruit of your womb…” ~Deuteronomy 28:1
- “Blessed is she that believed the Lord would fulfill his promises to her.” ~Luke 1:45
- For more scriptures on fertility, please click here
Doubts about God’s goodness and that He will bless you:
- “Yes, God will bless us and people all over the world will fear him.” ~Psalm 67:7
- “For God does not show favoritism.” ~Romans 2:11
- “The blessings of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.” ~Proverbs 10:22
- “The Lord is good to everyone and His tender mercies are over all His works.” ~Psalm 145:9
- “My God will liberally supply me every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 4:19
Doubts about God’s faithfulness:
- “God is not a human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” ~Numbers 23:19
- “The Lord is faithful and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” ~2 Thessalonians 3:3
- “…The LORD is trustworthy in all his promises and faithful in all he does.” ~Psalm 145:13
- “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.” ~Hebrews 13:8
Doubts that your situation looks too impossible for change:
- “Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” ~Matthew 19:26
- “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” ~Philippians 4:13
- “For nothing is impossible with God.” ~Luke 1:37
Doubts about healing for your body:
- “By His stripes I am healed.” ~Isaiah 53:5
- “LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” ~Psalm 30:2
- “Let all that I am praise the LORD: may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins AND heals all my diseases.” ~Psalm 103:2-3
- For more scriptures on healing, please click here.
Doubts that your prayers are heard or will be answered:
- “The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.” ~Psalm 145:18-19
- “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” ~Psalm 40:2
- “I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” ~Psalm 34:4
- “I will pray to Him, and He will hear me, and I will fulfill my vows.” ~Job 22:27
- “I ask and keep on asking and I receive. I seek and keep on seeking and I find. I knock and keep on knocking and the door is opened unto me.” ~Matthew 7:7-8
What are some mosquitoes you need to destroy?
If you need help finding a scripture for your circumstance, I would love to help! Therefore, please feel free to email me at email@example.com, comment below, or check out the following links: