Mosquitoes are pesky and bothersome. They know how to ruin a good party by landing on your food or in your drink during a summer backyard BBQ. They make a conversation difficult as you spend most of your time focused on swatting, dodging, or spraying away from the small annoyances. Not to mention, if you are the unlucky one that it scopes out and lands on, you can expect to see a tiny red bump that will leave you scratching for days, or worse, a longer-lasting disease from their nasty bacteria.
Doubts are much like mosquitoes. If you let them swarm, they will pester you. If you let them land, they will eventually bite, leaving you wounded. They will invade your thoughts, words, and actions leaving lasting effects that can cause anger, bitterness, fear, anxiety, and hopelessness. Between the two, I would rather fight off a mosquito.
However, over the course of time, I have learned that no matter how strong we are in our faith, no one is immune to doubting thoughts just as we all are not immune from those troublesome mosquitoes. In fact, even many of the greatest men and women of the Bible had to deal with doubtful moments. Let’s take a brief look at their stories.
First, there is Abraham who doubted that God would fulfill His promise to become a father of many descendants. After all, decades of infertility probably created this doubt. And Abraham’s wife Sarah? She laughed at the idea. Wouldn’t you after being told at the age of 90 you would give birth? Then there is Thomas who doubted when Jesus had risen from the dead. Zechariah, a priest, a Godly man, voiced his doubts about becoming a father after an angel of the Lord appeared and proclaimed that despite being old and barren, he and his wife would have a child. Even the amazing John the Baptist, while in prison, doubted if Jesus was the Messiah.
As you can see, doubt happens even to the best of us, but it is what you do with the doubtful thoughts that matter in the end. You can either let them swarm and land, therefore causing destruction and stealing your joy, peace, hope, and faith. Or you can get out your fly swatter, bug spray, and Citra candle to fight them off so that you can receive all the blessings God has for you. What are you going to do?
Below I have listed several bug repellents that I often use to fight off those pesky
mosquitoes’ doubts before they land, causing far more destruction than I have time for. Cause ain’t nobody got time for bitterness, despair, and hopelessness while on this journey towards hopefully (and happily) changing poopy diapers, waking up at all hours of the night, and having your favorite shirt ruined with spit-up.
My Fly Swatters, Bug Spray, and Citra Candles
Doubts about becoming a mother:
- He settles the barren woman as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord. Ps. 113:9
- I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. Lev. 26:9
- The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity in the fruit of your womb. Deut. 28:1
- Blessed is she that believed the Lord would fulfill his promises to her. Luke 1:45
- For more scriptures on fertility: Fertility Scriptures.
Doubts about God’s goodness and that He will bless you:
- Yes, God will bless us, and people all over the world will fear him. Ps. 67:7
- For God does not show favoritism. Rom. 2:11
- The blessings of the Lord makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it. Prov. 10:22
- The Lord is good to everyone and His tender mercies are over all His works. Ps. 145:9
- My God will liberally supply me every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19
Doubts about God’s faithfulness:
- God is not a human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Num. 23:19
- The Lord is faithful and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thess. 3:3
- The LORD is trustworthy in all his promises and faithful in all he does. Ps. 145:13
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. Heb. 13:8
Doubts that your situation looks too impossible for change:
- Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matt. 19:26
- I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phil. 4:13
- For nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37
Doubts about healing for your body:
- By His stripes I am healed. Isa. 53:5
- LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. Ps. 30:2
- Let all that I am praise the LORD: may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins AND heals all my diseases. Ps. 103:2-3
- For more scriptures related to healing: Scriptures to Meditate on for Healing.
Doubts that your prayers are heard or will be answered:
- The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. Ps. 145:18-19
- He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Ps. 40:2
- I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Ps. 34:4
- I ask and keep on asking and I receive. I seek and keep on seeking and I find. I knock and keep on knocking and the door is opened unto me. Matt. 7:7-8
What are some mosquitoes you need to destroy?
If you need help finding scripture for your circumstance, I would love to help! Therefore, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, comment below, or check out the following links:
I would love to connect with you personally, so if you liked this post, pass it on; then come find Waiting for Baby Bird on the public Facebook page or join me on Instagram @waitingforbabybird. I can’t wait to “meet” you!
If you are looking for a faith-based infertility community of other women who “get it,” then head over to the *PRIVATE* Waiting for Baby Bird Support group for hope + encouragement. There you will find opportunities to ask for prayer, watch *LIVE* encouragement videos from me, author of “Waiting for Baby Bird,” as well as be able to share your heart with others on the same path, enter into exclusive giveaways, and so much more! So what are you waiting for? Find us here!