Anxiety, worry and fear are all attacks on the mind intended to distract us from serving the Lord. The enemy also uses these torments to press our faith down, so it cannot rise up and help us in victory. The good news is that Jesus gave His peace but He said that we must not allow ourselves to be fearful, worried, unsettled, or anxious. In other words, peace is in us, but it must be chosen over what our mind thinks. We can choose to be peaceful by thinking on things that promote peace rather than worry or fear. Below are scriptures to help you promote peace rather than on things that open a door for worry, fear, and anxiety.
- “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” ~ Psalm 40:2
- “They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.” Psalm 112:7 (NLT)
- “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13 (NIV)
- “So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 (NLT)
- “So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
Don’t worry–Trust God!
- “What, then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31 (NIV)
- My worrying and being anxious will not add one unit of measure to my stature or to the span of my life. Matthew 6:27
- I will not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:34
Jesus loves me greatly and died on the cross to free me from my worries; therefore I will give all my burdens to Him.
- “I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4 (NIV)
- “Look at the birds of he air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?” Matthew 6:26
“If not every day, then at least now and then we need to take the time to observe and remind ourselves how well our feathered friends are cared for. They literally do not know where their next meal is coming from; yet I have personally never seen a bird sitting on a tree branch having a nervous breakdown due to worry.” Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7
- “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very thing, why do you worry about the rest?” Luke 12:25-26
“Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.” ~ Erma Bombeck
- “I am not anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I present my requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guards my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.” John 14:1 (NIV)
Definition of worry: Putting your faith in what the devil is saying.
- “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” Psalm 91:14-16 (NIV)
- “When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.” Psalm 94:19 (NLT)
- “I will not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34 (AMP)
Jesus said the enemy comes to steal your life (John 10:10). Don’t allow him to do it any longer by spending your time worrying about tomorrow. You have enough things going on today and it needs all of your attention. God’s grace will help you handle today’s troubles, but tomorrows grace will not come until tomorrow–so don’t waste today. ~Joyce Meyer
- “I will not let the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.” Mark 4:19 (NIV)
- “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you.” Isaiah 43:2
- In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Psalm 86:7 (NKJV)