As you read scriptures and stories related to barren women in the Bible, it is clear that God has a heart for those who are unable to conceive. In fact, every woman mentioned in the bible who was unable to conceive did eventually have children through the mighty power of God. When struggling in the area to conceive, I believe it is important to remember that barrenness is not from God. He created our bodies to be fruitful and multiply therefore He is not the author of sickness, disease or lack. I encourage you to read and meditate on these scriptures below and believe with all of your heart that God will restore you from barrenness into fruitfulness.
- “The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity–in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground–in the land he swore to your forefathers to give you.” ~Deuteronomy 28:11
- “The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock–the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.” ~Deuteronomy 28:4
- “I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers and I will keep my covenant with you.” ~Leviticus 26:9
- “You will be blessed more than any other people; none of your men or women will be childless…” Deuteronomy 7:14
- “He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord!” ~Psalm 113:9
- “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessings will be on your food and water. I will take sickness from among you and none will miscarry or be barren in your land.” ~Exodus 23:25-26
Once Infertile Women in the Bible
Elisabeth (See Luke Chapter 1)
Manoah’s wife, Samson’s mother (See Judges Chapter 13)
Rachel ( See Genesis Chapter 29)
Rebekah (See Genesis Chapter 25)
Sarah (See Genesis Chapters 11-23)
The Shunammite Woman (See Kings 4:8-37 and 8:1-6)
Hannah (See 1 Samuel 1)
I would love to get connected with you on a more personal level, so if you liked this post, pass it on and then click here to find me on Facebook.